Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow, Blue and the Vet

It snowed all day Saturday and Saturday night so by time Sunday came around, it was really white everywhere.  A  friend of moms came by early and shoveled our sidewalk  before she even knew he was out there.  By time she got down stairs, he was finished and gone.  That was certainly very nice of him!  

We watched the Weather Channel and saw the bad weather going up the coast  so we are guessing right now the system that got us has gotten lots of you too.  For those who wanted the snow, enjoy it!    We are getting very high winds now with blowing snow conditions expected all night long. 

As for what happened to my eyes,  mom doesn't really know.  The vet at the emergency vet called it something that mom has seen before in her other dog  but that doesn't look like it to her.  My eyes are  looking somewhat better today and there is the possibility that something  hit me in the face outside and got my eyes all  bloody looking.  Either way, we are going to our vet to find out for sure as soon as we know we can get there.   I don't want to have surgery if at all possible and sure don't want that cone of shame.  Eye drops would be okay.   Those positive thoughts are working right now so we'll let you know as soon as we find out.  If it's surgery, mom will be in the floor so she'll tell the vet's tech to let you know while they hopefully revive her.  She's so silly about these things it's pitiful.

Here's some pictures from early Sunday morning.  It wasn't my first snow but it was Blue's first snow storm and he was quite happy with it.  When I came out the door, I stopped and started growling at Blue which is very unlike me and totally confused him and mom.  I went toward him and then away leaving him even more confused at the way I was acting.  By this afternoon, we were running the fence line though.  I guess I was in a bad mood and just wanted to do my business and come back inside.


Thanks so much for all of the positive thoughts and prayers.   We really appreciate them very much!


Blue's probably thinking...what took you so long to get out here.  "I've stood here so long, I think I'm stuck in the ice and snow now."


My thoughts were "don't look at me right now!"  "I have business to take care of first!"


  
"Okay,  let me be a bit more direct about the situation!"


"I have morning duties to tend to out here so leave me alone for awhile please!"


"I don't think he understands what I mean!"


Blue here..."Hey Holly...what did I do wrong?"


"Someone has been walking on this side of my yard.  I wonder if it was that possum again".


"Blue here...I'll never understand her".  "She runs and plays fine all of the time and then starts talking about some guy named Rusty and gets all weird acting with me.  All I want to do is play!"  "Holly...keep in mind that I'm just a puppy even if I am really big!!"


"I love the look of snow....maybe later Blue!" 

Later it was with lots of running and playing together.  


Have a Great Day!
Lots of Love To All!!






26 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Paws khrossed your eye issue is something minor after all -

We only have a wee bit of snow right now but LOTS of WIND with LOTS AND LOTS more!

Mango Momma wrote my mom that Dexter was furry zoomie in their snow - even The RH had some spring in his step!

Thanks fur sharing Blue's pikhs!

Stay safe and warm!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Maxmom said...

Our warmest wishes are still being ferried your way. Sometimes things don't work out half as bad as you think they might. Hang in there...the Vet's will help, I'm sure of it!
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

Duke said...

Our paws are crossed that your eyes can be helped without surgery, Holly!
The winds are still whipping outside and the snow is still falling! What a storm!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

The Daily Pip said...

Our paws are crossed for your pretty eyes!

Your pal, Pip

jen said...

Love all your snow Holly!

Sending good vibes your way:)

Scout and Freyja said...

Holly, momma says that she will be PURRayin' FUR your eyes to get all betters - and soon!

Unknown said...

Crossed paws and prayers are sent to you and we hope your eyes are better by now.

Beautiful snow pictures!!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wouldn't it be just wonderful if some eyedrops will fix your eye - we have our paws crossed for that to happen.

And you got MORE snow??? And we still have none:( Oh well, we still love seeing all our pup furiends romp and roll in the beautiful fluffy stuff.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

How Sam Sees It said...

What pretty pictures! We are sorry you are not up to snuff, we are sending healing vibes your way!

Sam

Rusty said...

Hey there beautiful!!! This is "your guy" speaking (ruff..ruff). All I wanted for Christmas was for your eye to be all better. But you can still come down here if you want to and I'll put my paws around you and make you feel good again. I bet I know why you were growlin' at old Blue. That big contrast of Blue who is black on that background of snow that is white was just too much for your cherry eye that is red to handle. Now that you've had your color lesson for today.............

Love, Rusty

Anna the GSD said...

Hoping the eye thing just needs some magical drops!!

Look at all that snow! I bet Blue had a great time!!

George The Lad said...

We saw all about the snow you are having on our news :0
I am so sorry to hear about your eyes, are you sure you didn't run into anything? that's what happened to me, I went to get the ball and ran full pelt into the wall, my eye was in a hell of mess the next morning, the vet thought I'd been in the boxing ring!!! it was bleeding to!
Thinking about you, and have my paws crossed.
George and Jan xxx

Kari in Alaska said...

Enjoy your snow and get all better soon!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Remington said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your eyes will be okay. I am happy the snow arrived for Christmas! Enjoy, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Is Blue well taken care of? Does he live inside?

Marg said...

WE sure will keep our paws crossed so that your eyes get all better Holly. WE will also ask the donkeys to cross their hooves. Maybe that will help. We sure do hope that those eyes get themselves all healed up. Take care.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We hope your eyes improve soon, and without surgery. And we hope you get that possum.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Brian's Home Blog said...

The snow pictures were great Holly! I sure hope you don't have to have surgery and my sisters and I will keep sending purrs your way!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well.

Happy New Year from Southern California. No snow here but a lot of rain storms and mud slides!

I hope you and your family had a Wonderful Christmas Celebration.

God Bless You, ~Ron

Teddy Westlife said...

I have my paws crossed for your eye problem to be something minor!

Oskar said...

Blue looks like fun!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Cheyenne -Millie said...

We hopes that your eyes are going to be ok! We will be praying for you!

About Blue! Maby he looks different and smells different in the snow!?!

Quill and Greyson said...

PURRRRRRRR Holy!

Lorenza said...

Holly!
I really hope you will not need a surgery!
My paws are crossed for you hoping the drops will make the trick!
Please take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Maureen said...

Us girls are allowed to be moody. I'm pretty sure it's a law somewhere -- at least that's what my hooman says. And since she is in expert on being full of the moodiness, I believe her!! hehe

Big slurps, HoneyBuzz

Sagira said...

Hope you stay warm and dry with all that snow you and winds you are getting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...