Friday, October 8, 2010

October 8 - Always a Special Day

It all started out normal on Friday except mom got out of bed even earlier than usual.  I went outside and had some doggy talk with Blue.  Mom got ready to leave and I really didn't think anything about it except I noticed she took the camera and not me.  I looked out the door and saw both vehicles so wondered all day where she went off too.  Did she walk to the Rock?   Oh well...I slept all day.  She came home finally....hours later.  I smelled her...she had a hint of the Parkway on her, Auntie Gwen and Chicken!  Not only that, she was carrying a bucket of it!! 

I knew that today was a special day though.  It is the day that she got little Alex in 1993.  She gets all teary sometimes about him.   I decided not to make a big deal about her going off without me because I know she will take me back up there soon.  Today was Alex's Gotcha Day for mom and him and I know they had many wonderful years together.  He would want her to be happy and I do to.

Here's some pictures she took of the day...most I'm not in of course but that will change I am sure of...soon!


Alex..the day mom got him.  He was so upset over leaving his family but he got over it soon!


Alex and Bingo-Best Friends.  They are both at the Rainbow Bridge.


This morning...Blue was talking about the neighbors.  I can't tell you what she said though.  It was interesting....this neighborhood is strange sometimes! 


Typical mom...she cut me out of the picture.


Peaks of Otter


A nice creek where Mom and Auntie Gwen had a picnic.


The colors are just now starting to turn.


That's Auntie Gwen...way down there!!!   It looks like Mom took that picture from a mile away!


They finally put up a sign that explains how they think the Peaks was named!  If you double click on it, you might be able to read it!  Mom isn't too good with pictures.


The view.


Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Lots of Love to All!!!!



20 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy Alex Gotcha Day -

I'm sure he enjoyed watching the special day all of woo had in his memory!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Nice floof!

Cat said...

What a wonderful puppy picture of Alex! The Peaks of Otter looks like a beautiful place :-)

Noah said...

Beautiful pictures! Not far from Dad's family. Dad's Dad and Mom moved back home to Virginia when he retired. Just about 60 miles from the peaks (Hot Springs). Dad loves it there, next year I get to go and see it. Can't wait!! Alex was cute.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Bet that's going to be spectacular when the leaves change colour! Our human graduated from Radford, so she knows all about that area.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Duke said...

What awesome pictures!
What a cutie Alex was.

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom isn't too good with photos???? Whatever do you mean - look at the beautiful scenic ones she posted here - just beautiful.

We understand how special that gotcha day must be for Mom. Alex was just such a beautiful and special pup.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Marg said...

Happy Gotcha day Alex. I sounds like and looks like Mom had a good day with your Aunt. Those are gorgeous pictures. Take care and have a good week end.;

Piappies World said...

Happy Gotcha Day for Alex!

We love his puppy photo. The scenery is so beautiful! Great that your Mom was able to spend some time there with your Aunt.

Have a good weekend there with them, Holly!


Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai & Wai-Max

Piappies World said...

Happy Gotcha Day for Alex!

We love his puppy photo. The scenery is so beautiful! Great that your Mom was able to spend some time there with your Aunt.

Have a good weekend there with them, Holly!


Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai & Wai-Max

The Daily Pip said...

What a cutie Alex was!! I am sure he is looking down and smiling! You are right, he would not want your mom to be sad!

Your pal, Pip

Brian's Home Blog said...

Thanks for telling us about Alex and the special memories Holly. So days are just made for fond remembering.

Unknown said...

Alex was a lovely boy..
We can understand how much your mummy misses him.
But yeah...he definitely wouldn't like her to be sad..

and that is a lovely picture, Holly.
Have a happy weekend.
wags,
Bud n Gin

Remington said...

Great memories....love all the pics!

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

Looks like a Wonderful Place.
Great Pictures and so many memories. Have a Wonderful Weekend.

Life With Dogs said...

We really need to invite ourselves for a visit - your back yard is beautiful!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

Alex was furry cute as a pup! We know he had a good Gotcha Day at the bridge!

We like your mom's photos!

Teddy Westlife said...

Thanks for sharing Alex with us - he was a cute one!

Lorenza said...

I am sure your mom has the best memories of Alex. Thanks for sharing about his Gotcha Day with us!
I hope you can go for a nice walkie today!
Happy Sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kari in Alaska said...

Happy Alex gotcha day!


Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Sagira said...

Aww...HUGS to your mom. I know she must miss Alex a lot. What a cute puppy he was.

Beautiful photos. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...