This next week I am going to celebrate the life of my precious dog, Alex, who I loved so very much. He was born in Craig County, Va. on August 8, 1993 and went to the Rainbow Bridge on July 22, 2006. He was my second Cocker Spaniel and I got him when he was eight weeks old. He was a brother to my rescued Cocker Spaniel, Hobo.....who was 11 years old at the time Alex came home with me. It did take Hobo a few weeks to get used to a puppy but they learned to be the best of friends. I will always love Alex and miss him very much. Letting him go was the hardest decision I had to ever make to send him to the Rainbow Bridge. Within two months of the loss of him, I had a heart attack with no reason they could find...I always said it was stress and heartache that caused it. Having the heart attack led me to cardiac rehab where the nurses kept after me to get a puppy that needed a good home.....and now I am happy and thrilled to have my Holly Girl in my life. I know Alex and Hobo are looking down and are happy for both of us.

Alex's first night away from his mother, daddy and siblings. He was not happy!
Some weeks later, he was still not happy!
Alex puppy following Hobo the first day in the country!
21 comments:
Alex was so cute. It is nice to remember our pets that we used to have and they will always hold that special spot on our hearts!!
wags
Jazzi
It's so lovely to remember the past animals in our lives. We know you have many happy memories of Alex and Hobo.
XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella
Alex was precious!
I'm looking forward to hearing more about your sweet baby boy. And what sweet nurses, encouraging you to find the best medicine...Holly!
Hello there again...
What a lovely tribute. Alex sounds like he was such a darling. What a terrible loss it must have been. He really was a beautiful dog. I hope that Holly has helped fill the hole that was left from his passing. Hope your health is good too.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA
Debbie what a beautiful story of how Alex came into your life and enriched it for so many years. We are glad your health has improved and especially glad Holly is with you. Alex is surely looking down on you all thinking well done Mom Holly is just what you needed.
There is nothing like the unconditional love of our pets.
Hugs Madi and Mom
Alex was very lucky to have had you for a Mom, as Holly is today!
Sam
So adorable!!!!!!!!!
When our mama was a young girl, her mama and daddy bought her a Cocker Spaniel, who they named Sailor......he became mama's constant companion.
We send our love to all of you. We'll be looking for pics of Lilly and Angel to hat in the next few weeks.....:)
Sweet memories...thanks for sharing!
Take care,
~K
What a lovely tribute to a wonderful dog. I know Alex & Hobo are greatful that you have Holly in your life now.
Nubbin wiggles & hugs,
Oskar & Pam
We really love hearing about Alex, he was such a special boy in your life. And we are sure he sent you Holly. We are sure he is always smiling down at you.
Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
They are here for such a short time with us. That's why every day counts :-)xxx
I loved reading about Alex. He was lucky to have found you. :)
Mommy sometimes thinks about the future and my furry sister Nala, 'cause she's gonna be 13 years old this year. I don't like to think about that. She is very healthy and still acts like a puppy!
Woofs & hugs,
~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)
Thanks for sharing such precious Alex memories with us, such a sweetie.
Alex sounds like a great dog. That is pretty scary having a heart attack. Glad you are all right. It is really hard to lose an animal and it never gets easier. Hope you have a wonderful week end.
Alex is such a cutie and we're sure that he's happy that you now have Holly in your life!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
Alex is adorable. I'm so glad you have some pictures and of course beautiful memories of him.
I can't wait to hear more about Alex. Losing a dog who you love so much seems like it literally breaks your heart. Mine was broken when my Acadia died... I'm glad that you recovered and found Holly!
Alex was a cutie! It's always good to remember the ones who came before.
We think Alex was very sweet looking! We Thank you for sharing your of him memories with us! It is always good to remember those who have touch our lives deeply.
Beautiful tribute to Alex.
Sure he was a very special boy.
I know Hobo and Alex sent Holly directly to your heart to be healed.
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
What a wonderful tribute to Alex!
He sure sounds like a very special friend.
Post a Comment