Speaking of weather, it's even colder now than it has been all winter. This winter seems to just be going on an on with cold, windy and bitterly cold temperatures. Mom isn't a fan of cold weather. I'm okay with it but I have a lot of fur and playing in the backyard by myself gets boring unless Blue is outside with me to run with up and down the fence line. You should see the lack of grass on both sides now! Nothing but dirt and mud!
We're going to show some pictures from last summer in hopes of thinking warm weather! These pictures were probably seen by a lot of you but it was a fun trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway on July 2, 2010. We look forward to more trips!
Loving it!
It's always exciting to go up here.
Heading toward the pasture where we last saw some movement!
Here is the field with "invisible" donkeys!! Mom finally found a picture with some living creatures! They are so far away and these pictures were taken with the old camera but one looks like a mule and the other one is just too hard to make out...but there are more of them! Finding this picture was an accident...it just happened to be on a screensaver which mom saw last night.
Of course I'm always happy on the rock here. It's my very favorite place to be. I usually call it Hollyrocks but it really belongs to the U.S. Department of Park Services so we thank them for letting us have the privilege to come up here and enjoy nature! We only live about five minutes from the entrance to the Parkway so we are definitely fortunate to be able to get away from the city!
Coming on down.
Those wonderful summer days.
That's the day we stopped at Trail's Cabin and decided we would love to live there.
We stopped at the pond and stream that has the waterfall.
Thinking back to those wonderful sunny days and the fun we had and hope to have again!
That's the day we ended up at Mabry's Mill. It was very crowded being so close to July 4th!
We love the Blue Ridge Parkway! We hope to be back there soon!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Lots of love to all!!
35 comments:
Oh we miss summer time! We are sorry to hear you and your mom are under the weather. You chase your kitty too? So does Lily!
Yah I miss those ole dog days of summer. Hopefully they will come soon!!
wags
jazzi
You keep picturing those beautiful spring and summer days and you'll feel better!
XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella
Hope you and your mum are soon feeling lots better. Its horrible feeling poorly. We don't like the winter time much either. Simba has hardly gone out lately as its soooo cold. Roll on spring and the feel of sunshine on our furrs :) xx
We are feeling warmer already, Holly!
We hope you both feel better soon!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
We are feeling warmer already, Holly!
We hope you both feel better soon!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
Dear Holly, it's so sweet of you bringing some warmth to the friends who live in cold cold snowy lands. I'm sure they will feel much warmer when they see your beautiful pictures. It's a lovely place that you visited in summer, lucky you that you can travel so much.
I hope your mom's headache is gone by now and hope the flu bugs are gone too. It's really not nice to feel sick and I hope your eyes are okay too. Please take care and have a great weekend.
Great pictures sweet Holly, I'm sure ready for some warm weather! I hope your Mom feels better soon, please take good care of her!
Wonderful pix, darlin' Holly. We are purraying that your mom will soon be 100%.
Love to y'all.
Shhh,don't tell anybody, but its summer time here!!
KT and Lady are now in Arizona.
We'll send you some sunshine.
PS:That's one huge playlist you got here. Its fun creating them.
Hope your mom feels better soon. I know you will take good care of her! Good to see you back on your rock.
Your pal, Pip
Holly hope mom feels better soon, moms just starting to get over it after 4 weeks so she know how she feels, and you are right about the weather. We have been out today but its grey :( thanks for putting the photos up of you on your rock in the sun shine ;)its nice to see the sun for a change!!!
See Yea George xxx
So sorry to hear that mum is not well. You be a good woofie for her now. Loved the look back at the pictures and summer will be back before you know it.. Hugs GJ xx
Those certainly are great pictures and make us want spring time even more. We are supposed to get snow again here next week. Won't be long til Spring. Take care and hope the Mom is feeling better by now. Take care both of you.
Holly, be real good to your mommy because these sicknesses are awful. Paige has been on the couch because after the tummy flu she caught a cold and she lost her voice! Needless to say, it hasn't been the easiest week for her. Luckily she is much better now and has some of her voice back. Lets hope she can stay well! And tell your mom to get well soon!
Wuv, Simba
Oh I am sorry to hear your mom is not feeling well, we hope she feels better soon! We had the sickies last weekend so we feel her pain.
Sorry you guys are not feeling well. :-( My Gibson has been sick for this past week too. He is on meds, has stabilized, and is finally on the mend, getting better everyday, I'm happy to report! I look forward to you reporting that you both are feeling back to normal very soon too! Great idea posting those great warmer weather pics! Especially since we are in the threat of having another two feet dumped on us by mid-week! Now I like winter, but this year with the amounts we've had, I think just the Sibes are happy! Keep resting up, stay warm, and feel better real soon!
Hope you and your mom feel better soon. The sickies are no fun.
Can't wait for spring either! Come on April. :)
Poor Mom, poor Holly- you two just can't catch a break. Mom needs some good chicken soup and we aren't sure what Holly needs, maybe a trip to your rock? We sure hope you are both feeling better like right now. We remember a lot of those photos from earlier this year, but so good to see beautiful you and those beautiful places again.
Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
Holly we are so sorry to hear mom is feeling poorly...thank goodnes you are on the mend so you can look after her.
Thank you so much for sharing all these beautiful pictures....we love mountains!
Take care of each other.
Hugs Madi and Mom
Holly,
I feel warmer after lookin' at all dose pictures! Tank yous. :) Puppy prayers are on da way to your mom to helps her feel better faster.
Happy Weekend to you to my furiend!
Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae
Oh we're sending get well wishes for Mom.
Those are awesome cute pictures. Your coat is just like Kelly's. Do you have to be groomed a lot? I have an awful time trying to keep up with keeping Kelly clipped (and she doesn't like it at all!)
Mom's Sunday passengers are nearby -
Khan woo feel the excitement?
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Take good khare of your mom!
Holly!
I hope you and your mom feel much better soon!
It is not fun to be sick, right?
Here is cold... and then hot... and then cold... and... well... you get the idea!
Thanks for sharing the pictures!
I hope you can go there again soon!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Feel better! Drink lots of fluids!
Hugs,
Take care and feel better soon!
I am so sorry that so many of my blogging friends and their families seem to be poorly at the moment.
I am sending you all lots of special greyhound hugs and licks to make you all better really soon.
Loved your sunny summer pictures. I can't wait for the sun to shine again too.
Hope you are feeling better soon! Love the pics! The wind is blowing hard here today! So the snow is making it hard to see very far....
Hope you're all feeling better now!!
Hope everyone in your house is feeling better!
We hope your mom feels better! We are waiting for Spring and Summer to arrive! Mom doesn't like cold weather either!
Oh Holly, it was so good to see you on OUR rock again. I wish I was there with you but my Mom has been sick too so I have to take care of her. Maybe I'll see you soon. Tell your Mom I hope she feels better real soon. You have to take care of her.
Love,
Rusty
Dat is such a purty rock! I hopes I get to sees it when we go through dere on da way home from visiting Michigan in May/June. You takes really good cares of da Mom. You wants hers to get well really quick.
Love,
Amber
Hi Holly. Gosh, I am SO very sorry that both you and your mom have been feeling poorly. I sure hope you're both on the mend. We miss you lots!
Thank you for showing us those Most Beautiful pictures. They brightened my day right up!
Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie
Nice pictures, Holly! We hope both you and your Mom are soon feeling better!
Sam
Post a Comment