Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fighting the Ant Colony

We haven't been anywhere for over a week!  The most I get to see is the inside of the house and out in my backyard.  I know....it seems silly  but I want to go somewhere!  Mom has been busy and the weather was rather bad but today was nice.  What does she do?  She decides to battle the colony of ants outside the house.  Today!  The nicest day lately!!  Okay...they were rather bad.  They were coming inside the house and marching across the floor the other night which freaked mom completely out.  She hates bugs!  I thought I'd have to peel her off of the ceiling when she saw them.  She declared war on them yesterday.  Today it was a major battle going on.  Her friend went to the hardware store and got some Home Defense and sprayed all over the house and around it too.  I sure hope this keeps those stupid ants away now or at least outside where they belong.  Tomorrow she has to take the car and leave it with the mechanic again.  This time the AC is not working.  This means no trip anywhere tomorrow.  I told her to just buy a new car but she gave me a rather dirty look and said "do you want to pay for it?"   So I guess that's out!  I hope the car's AC can be fixed and not cost a fortune or it's going to be a hot summer if we go for a ride.  I don't mind it but mom seems to not like it much.  Mom hasn't taken any pictures either since yesterday when I had to inspect the yard for her so she wanted to show some pictures of my last birthday which was December 1st. (Which reminds me...all of that work yesterday inspecting the yard and she has not paid me yet!)  Mom!   She did take me to HollyRocks that day and it was cold too so I'll give her a break and she gave me some "Frosty Paws" when we got back home.  It was a good day so I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself!  I'm being selfish.  Please excuse me!  Pictures of my last birthday!  I was three years old so I guess that makes me a grown up dog!  I can't use "I'm only a puppy as an excuse anymore"!!!!


HollyRocks!  Very special and on my birthday.


Checking it out...all is well!

Mom says it is hard to get a good picture of me when she is walking me..she just gets my behind!


Still looking around.


Looking over the cliff.  Everything looks different in December!


Mom likes it best in the fall because the colors are so beautiful. 

My "Frosty Paws"...mom did put it in a dish after she took the picture so it was easier to eat!


Finishing it off with a "Busy Bone"!


 
Have a Great Day!!  Lots of love!!!!!


7 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh No!

ANTS!

Mom says Boric Acid is good for ant khontrol!

As fur pikhs, nothing wrong with seeing your floofy tail and stuff!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

3 doxies said...

Fur some reason ants makes my mum sick to her stomach...her is kind of a wienie...no pun intended.
I intend on using da puppy excuse furever and always. But, I'm not even 2 yet so I still haves tme.
That is a most beautiful setting furr a weding too.
Puddles

Rusty said...

Now you just keep telling your Mom that you have to take a ride to HollyRustyRock every day to check on it and keep it clean so it'll be ready for our wedding. Ants----YUCK! My Mom gets all crazy too when she sees ants. We have fire ants here in Florida. I bet it was a fire ant that bit my foot and made it so sore.

Love,
Rusty

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Ants are just about as pesky as squirrels. We think boric acid works pretty well too. Mom has to get at the armies that keep lining up at the garage door, but so far they haven't gotten inside.

Hope the A/C can be fixed and you and Mom get to go on a great Holly adventure.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Remington said...

Hi Beth here -- I don't like bugs either and NOT in my house. I also don't like chemicals so I try everything I can to keep it natural. Here is what works for us. If you see where the ants are coming in put a bay leaf there or some crushed mint leaves of any kind. They don't like mint. Also if you plant mint around your house they will stay away also and the mint comes back every year so it's a one time investment. Just thought I would share. Good luck!

Sagira said...

My mom is the same as your mom especially if it is a spider. She will start to cry!

Hope your mom wins the battle over those ants.

For the Love of Dogs said...

I hate ants too! Yuck! Looks like you had a great time on your walk! Thanks for taking us with you through pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...